Lamprey Networks, Inc. (LNI) was founded in 1999 to offer technical services related to interoperability and compliance for emerging technology standards. LNI was founded with the goal of delivering industry best compliance and interoperability solutions, while working closely with nearby University of New Hampshire for cooperative software development, testing, and compliance.
Since its founding, LNI has developed advanced technical testing and certification processes as well as standards-based network protocols and solutions. This combination of experience, management and engineering resources allows LNI to:
- Provide consultation and execution services for the industry
- Design software stacks and drivers for network protocols
- Provide technical expertise on industry standards
- Validate test results and resolve concerns that arise during the certification process
- Provide support services for organizations writing standards
- Identify the testable items in a standard and evaluate the effort required to create conformance tests for those items
- Implement test systems and test infrastructure
- Create advanced, standards-based, end-to-end connectivity and interoperability solutions across the healthcare IT ecosystem
LNI has led industry initiatives, developed software, authored test suites and created test tools for numerous organizations including Advanced Switching Interconnect, Digital Living Networks, Open Fabrics Alliance, InfiniBand™ Trade Association, iWARP (RDMA over IP) Consortium, Fibre Channel Industry Association, and the PCI-Express SIG and Continua Health Alliance.
Remote Health and Continua Experience
In 2008, LNI was awarded a contract by the Continua Health Alliance to develop the core Continua Enabling Software Library (CESL) protocols. Through this contract and through leading roles in ISO/IEEE 11073-20601 development, the Continua Technical Working Group, and the Continua Marketing Working group, LNI has matured into the premier Technical System Integrator for Continua based solutions. From these experiences, LNI has developed two products, a 20601 manager stack and a complete Continua 20601 manager, called HealthLink. LNI has also developed integration software for AHDs, WAN devices, and xHR senders, extensive internal validations tools, and gathered a base of equipment for interoperability testing, enabling LNI to deliver effective and valuable Continua based remote health solutions.